FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUSTIN, TX – JULY 5, 2017 – What does catfish, fresh spinach, bacon bourbon marmalade and a salad have in common? They’re just a few of the new menu items that Torchy’s Tacos will introduce to its permanent menu on July 12th. Torchy’s Tacos has been slaving away to create new offerings for their fans – adding six items to the already-packed menu.
• #6 Breakfast Taco – Spinach, Egg, & Bacon breakfast taco
• Airstream Salad – Romaine, arugula & picked mint, fresh avocado, pico de gallo, corn, cotija cheese, peppadew peppers & pistachios with a drizzle of chipotle ranch & a side of champagne vinaigrette.
• Alabama Shake Taco – Corn-meal crusted catfish, poblano slaw, cotija cheese, peppadew peppers, cilantro & a lime wedge with avocado sauce on a flour tortilla.
• Tipsy Chick Taco– Fajita chicken, fresh spinach, roasted corn, green chiles and freshly grated cheddar cheese with chipotle sauce & a side of bacon bourbon marmalade on a flour tortilla.
• Hillbilly Queso – Torchy’s Green Chile Queso upgraded with Texas Chorizo.
• New to the Kids Menu, Pig in A Poncho – All beef hot dog with shredded cheese on a flour tortilla. Served with a side of ketchup.
“We always try to take our guests needs into consideration, and for the past 10 years, our taco junkies have been begging us to add a salad.” said Mike Rypka, Founder and VP of Marketing & Culinary. “We tested all of the new menu items at the beginning of the year so our guests could provide us with their open and honest feedback. We didn’t expect that all of them would have rave reviews but they did so it only made sense to add them to the permanent menu. As always, our main goal is to make damn good food, and I think our taco junkies will be happy with all of our new additions.”
For more information about Torchy’s Tacos, please visit www.TorchysTacos.com
About Torchy’s Tacos:
Torchy’s Tacos started in 2006 with a mobile trailer, a little red Vespa, and a man with a passion for good food. The founder, Mike Rypka left an executive chef position to chase his dreams by investing everything he had into Torchy’s Tacos. With a new, experimental menu ready to serve but no mouths to feed, Rypka jumped on his Vespa and started throwing out samples in an attempt to draw customers to his trailer. Before he knew it, people were rallying beside the taco stand hollering, “damn these tacos are good!” and the Torchy’s Tacos’ legacy began. Today, Torchy’s Tacos operates 48 locations throughout Texas, Colorado and Oklahoma.