Torchy’s Tacos fires up four spicy tacos for August’s Some Like It Hot Tacos of the Month
Visit Torchy’s all month long to test your spice stamina by trying a new, hotter taco every week
AUSTIN, Texas – July 31, 2018 – Torchy’s Tacos, the popular taco chain, today announces the launch of its fifth annual Some Like It Hot August Taco of the Month campaign. While Torchy’s features a special Taco of the Month every month of the year, each August they up the ante with a smoking lineup of four seriously hot and damn good tacos.
Each week, Torchy’s will unveil a brand-new taco that tips the Scoville scale and tests the limits of your taste buds, each new taco spicier than the last. By the end of the month, those brave enough to face their fears – while holding back tears – will be able to order all four fiery tacos, washing it down with Torchy’s signature Frozen Paloma to soothe the body and soul. This means that you’ll want to visit your local Torchy’s throughout the month of August to experience a different taco each week through August 31.
“This is our fifth year offering the Some Like It Hot special menu tacos to all our locations across Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado,” says Mike Rypka, chairman and founder of Torchy’s Tacos. “I hope our guests are feeling brave enough to come back to test their limits not once, not twice, but four times all month long.”
This year’s sweltering August taco lineup includes:
- Barn Burner, August 1 – 31
- Grilled fajita beef, chopped bacon, Manzano chile salad, Texas artisan goat cheese & cilantro served with Avocado & Diablo sauce on a flour tortilla
- Bottle Rocket Shrimp, August 6 – 31
- Habanero battered fried shrimp, cabbage slaw, cotija cheese, candied jalapeños & cilantro served with Diablo Mayo on a flour tortilla
- The Creeper, August 13 – 31
- Habanero battered fried chicken, chorizo, chopped bacon, Brushfire jalapeños, cotija cheese, pickled onions & cilantro served with a drizzle of creamy Ghost Pepper sauce on a flour tortilla
- Scalding Pig, August 20 – 31
- Pasilla & ghost pepper stewed pork, jack cheese, escabeche, chicarrón pieces, sour cream & cilantro served with a drizzle of Torchy’s own XXX Hot Sauce on a flour tortilla
Each Torchy’s location will proudly display four movie-style posters, one for each of the unique tacos, that mirror well-known classic flicks to match the vibe of the tacos. Every guest who dares to order a Some Like It Hot taco will get their own collectible sticker version of the soon-to-be iconic art.
About Torchy’s Tacos:
Torchy’s Tacos started in 2006 with a mobile trailer, a little red Vespa and a man with a passion for good food. The founder, Michael Rypka, left an executive chef position to chase his dreams by investing everything he had into Torchy’s Tacos. With a new, experimental menu ready to serve but no mouths to feed, Rypka jumped on his Vespa and started throwing out samples in an attempt to draw customers to his trailer. Before he knew it, people were rallying beside the taco stand hollering, “damn these tacos are good!” and thus, the Torchy’s legacy began. Today, Torchy’s Tacos operates over 50 locations throughout Texas, Colorado and Oklahoma. For more information on Torchy’s Tacos, please visit www.torchystacos.com.